- This event has passed.
AARP Community Challenge Grant
This community challenge grant is intended to be used for fast action community projects. A majority of the planning should have taken place.
Applications are being accepted for projects to improve housing, transportation, public space, technology (“smart cities”), civic engagement and more.
- April 1, 2020: Applications are due by 11:59 pm (ET)
- May 26, 2020: Applicants will be notified of their status this week
- July 15, 2020: The selected grantees will be announced to the public — and the project work can begin — on or around this date
- November 9, 2020: All funded projects must be completed
- December 11, 2020: Deadline for after-action reports
The program is open to the following types of programs:
- 501(C)(3), 501(C)(4) and 501(c)(6) nonprofits
- Government entities
- Other types of organizations will be considered on a case-by-case basis
The following projects are NOT eligible for funding:
- Partisan, political or election-related activities
- Planning activities and assessments and surveys of communities
- Studies with no follow-up action
- Publication of books or reports
- Acquisition of land and/or buildings
- Sponsorships of other organizations’ events or activities
- Research and development for a nonprofit endeavor
- Research and development for a for-profit endeavor
- The promotion of a for-profit entity and/or its products and services
The application can be found at: https://app.reviewr.com/s1/site//aarp_communitychallenge20