The Affordable Connectivity Program
Fast, reliable, high capacity fiber broadband service has quickly become vital for community and economic development. Remote work for many careers is now a reality while precision agriculture demands are ever-growing, making broadband service as essential as electricity to every home.
Rural broadband is important for:
- Attraction and retention of residents
- Greater economic growth
- Attraction of new businesses and small business growth
- Improved quality of life
It is important to act now to secure broadband service to rural Nebraskans while these resources are available.
6 STEPS TO BETTER BROADBAND
Step 1: Get Organized
Step 2: Gather Information
Step 3: Build a Community Movement
Step 4: Explore Strategies to Improve Broadband Services
Step 5: Address Digital Inclusion and Skills Development
Step 6: Develop and Implement a Plan
Meeting the broadband needs of the rural residents of Nebraska is a priority. Millions state and federal dollars in broadband funding has been allocated to meet the unserved and underserved in rural Nebraska. PADD is here to support our region in securing broadband funds and connecting communities and counties with resources to best meet the diverse needs.
- Call us so that we can better understand your broadband needs
- Consider conducting a Digital Needs Assessment of your area residents to have data to support the need for broadband expansion and funding
- Help us convene the right people and potential Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) to discuss next steps to serve your area